Ongoing and recently completed PhD research projects
- Corporate social responsibility and NGOs in Tanzania (M. Rutenge)
- Value chain development, entrepreneurship and conflict in Afghanistan (H. Ritchie)
- Environmental responsibility of SMEs in Thailand (K. Tevapitak)
- Making markets: the rise and decline of complementary currency systems in Argentina (G. Gomez, 2008)
- Networking and learning by enterprise incubators in Brazil (A. Corradi)
- Competitiveness Agreements, value chains and regional development in Colombia (A. Blandon)
- Small enterprise competencies and learning in Ghana (J. Abban, 2009)
Other current and recent research projects
- Developing Harmonious Business: Including Environmental Sustainability and CSR in the Strategies of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises in the Plastics Processing Industry in China. (2009 – 2011).
- Knowledge sharing partnership with Woord en Daad (2007 – 2010).
- Consolidation and dissemination of HIVOS know-how on Quality Management, Standards, and Poverty Reduction for small producers as part of their Sustainable Production Program (2008 – 2010).
- Development Policy Review Network (DPRN) project on Value Chains, Social Inclusion and Endogenous Growth (2008 - 2010).