Extending the loan period
The loan period for books is four weeks. After four weeks the loan period will be renewed automatically. We do this up to three times.
Extending is not possible if:
- the book has been reserved by another borrower;
- you owe overdue charges.
If a book is reserved by another borrower, hand it in before the expiry date of the loan period.
You can extend the loan period yourself through the My Account button in sEURch:
- Click in sEURch on the Sign in button at top of the screen;
- EUR staff or student? Select: Login with ERNA account;
- Borrower without ERNA-ID? Select: Users without ERNA account: login with library account;
- Sign in changes into a button with your initials;
- Choose My account;
- At the tab Checkouts you'll see an overview of your borrowed books;
- Here you can extend the loan period of your books by clicking Renew at each book;
- Note: make sure that the Due Date has changed!
You can also ask the library to extend the loan period of your books through the online form. You will receive an answer by e-mail as soon as possible.