The following policies are relevant for research:
- Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- EUR policy Research Data Management (EUR, approved in 2020, and effective on 1-1-2021)
- Regulations governing the use of the internet and IT facilities for staff members at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR, 2015)
On the initiative of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW), the Netherlands Federation of University Medical Centres (NFU), the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), Associated Applied Research Institutes (TO2 Federation), the Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences and the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU), a committee has recently drawn up a new Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity. The Code of Conduct has been adopted by all universities and applies as from 1 October 2018. The Code includes the five principles which form the basis of integrity in research:
This code replaces the Netherlands Code of conduct for Academic Practice 2004 (version 2014) and is valid for any employee at any Dutch University.
The EUR is committed to the FAIR principles for research data: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable. Provided valid opt-out grounds and embargo periods, the EUR is committed to making research data findable and accessible.
The EUR adopted (August 2020) an update of the EUR research data management policy to guide the further development of research data services.
Contact your data steward or the Erasmus Data Service Center for support regarding the safe storage of data according to the RDM policy.
This policy contains statements on many topics, including the following, closely related to RDM:
protecting personal data processed at EUR, for example, that of EUR Staff Members, students and parents;
- protecting confidential information, that of EUR, EUR Staff Members or Students;
- protecting the intellectual property rights of EUR and third parties, including the respecting of licence agreements that apply at EUR.