Why study Master Digitalisation, Surveillance & Societies
Are you interested in timely social and political issues, such as the expansion of surveillance technologies in various sectors? What is the impact of the expansion of surveillance technologies on our privacy? What does it mean to be a ‘digital citizen’? Would you like to explore these questions? This innovative master offers you the opportunity to do so, in a truly international classroom within one of Europe’s most diverse and multicultural cities.
Five reasons to choose Digitalisation, Surveillance & Societies at the EUR
- You will receive instruction on this timely topic from an enthusiastic team of specialised experts who actively support you and who provide intensive and individual coaching.
- Using state-of-the-art theory, you will learn to trace and analyse the fast paced technological and organisational developments in media and business. You will dive into the manifold communication challenges faced by companies, managers and workers in the media sector and other industries.
- This programme features an interdisciplinary focus through real world cases, guest lectures and seminars with professionals.
- You will be part of an international, interactive and small scaled classroom, enabling you to develop a comprehensive, international perspective on the media and creative industries.
- This programme enables students to develop scientifically informed responses to these challenges by focusing on social, intercultural, political, technical, and international dimensions of digitalisation.
Six well known cases related to Digitalisation, Surveillance & Societies
- The Edward Snowden Revelations
- Facebook’s perennial privacy scandals (incl. Cambridge Analytica)
- Contact tracing apps during COVID-19
- The implementation of the GDPR in and beyond Europe
- The so-called ‘social credit system’ in China
- The Netflix documentary ‘The Social Dilemma’