Meet the Infrastructure & Green Cities lecturers
Dr. Ogenis Brilhante
Dr. Brilhante has 20 years of experience and leads the Green Cities and Infrastructure thematic area that focuses on how local governments provide, manage and finance municipal infrastructure. He has created the IHS Green City concept and two tools to measure a city’s green performance.
Dr. Carley Pennink
Dr. Pennink is a capacity building expert with 25 years of experience in working with public-private partnerships. She has provided institutional support to training service organisations throughout Africa, Asia and Central and Eastern Europe. At IHS, she is the Head of International Projects and Advisory Services.
Somesh Sharma the Urban Management & Development Theories course coordinator. He is an expert on Remote Sensing & Geographical Information Systems & has developed several GIS applications for conducting assessments within his focus areas (sustainable urban transport & climate change adaptation & mitigation).
Together with its partners IHS works at the forefront of urban development. IHS advises local and national governments on urban issues, trains public works officials, contributes to the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) discussion and much more. IHS works with global leaders in the field of urban development, including UN-Habitat, Cities Alliance and ICLEI. IHS also partners with leading Dutch universities in the Netherlands and around the world to deliver a comprehensive understanding of urban development. This comprehensive network allows us to arrange for inspiring guest lectures both from academic colleagues as well as professionals working in key organisations. Guest lecturers for this specialisation track include:
- Forbes Davidson: Urban Development Management & Planning Specialist, Founder of Forbes Davidson Planning
- Prof. Dr. Harry Geerlings: Full Professor in Governance of Sustainable Mobility at the Department of Public Administration (ESSB); Member of SmartPort 2.0
- Jaco van Ast: Assistant Professor at the at the Department of Public Administration (ESSB)
- Raphael Smals: Adviser Sourcing, Innovation & Strategy; Adviser at ViCSIS Innovation Consulting
- Taslim Alade: GIS Analyst; PhD Candidate in Urban Development and Governance at IHS
- Sjoerd Kruipers: Financial Services Professional at De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB)