Career opportunities for Master International Public Management and Policy
After completing this master programme you will be able to:
- Understand the increasingly international nature of public management and policy;
- Understand international developments from a multidisciplinary perspective;
- Analyse the international policy environment by applying up to date theories and concepts;
- Gain tools to operate effectively in an international working environment.
The master programme is an academic (scientific) programme. This programme is highly relevant for those who seek employment in the increasingly wide range of jobs that are associated with the internationalisation of public management and policy. This includes jobs at both the international and the national level, such as:
- International organisations;
- The EU;
- Government ministries and agencies;
- Local authorities;
- International NGOs;
- Multinational companies;
- Consultancy firms;
- Think tanks;
- Research institutes.
International organisations offer many job opportunities for graduates of the master programme International Public Management and Policy.
Graduates obtain a variety of jobs. They become policy officials, policy advisors, consultants, managers in international organisations, lobbyists or project leaders.
Students who complete the Master’s programme International Public Management and Public Policy (IMP) are invited to join the IMP Alumni Association (IMPAA) and the IMP LinkedIn group.
What our graduates say:
The IMP programme has been a great jump-start for my career in Brussels. I have gained a solid understanding of international organisations and I have learned to work and communicate effectively with colleagues from all over the world.