Why study Master International Public Management and Policy
Public policy has an international orientation that is underlined by the central role of organisations such as the EU and the UN. This master programme endows you with theories, concepts and skills that you need to work effectively in an international environment. The knowledge we provide will enable you to contribute to finding solutions for global issues such as international conflict, poverty, migration, environmental protection and corruption. The programme forms a clear pathway to developing a career in public or private sector organisations. Erasmus University Rotterdam is an international top university in a vibrant city that is the gateway to Europe. Our faculty consists of top-notch scholars in the academic fields of public administration, political science, international relations, development studies, and European integration, who also regularly participate in policy debates.
One of the topical problems we study during the programme is migration.
You will learn more about the process of EU policymaking.
What role does the EU play in international conflict, poverty and environmental protection?
Why study the master programme International Public Management and Policy in Rotterdam?
The programme features:
- A multi-level focus, dealing with public management and public policy on the national, EU and international levels;
- A closely supervised individual research project;
- A study trip to international organisations in Geneva and European institutions in Brussels (facilitated by the programme, but only partly subsidized);
- Strong emphasis on professional development;
- The opportunity to interact with an international student group and academics with strong international reputations.
- An interdisciplinary nature, including knowledge from public administration, political science, international relations and political economy.
- Education at the department of Public Administration and Sociology that has been #1 in the Shanghai Ranking in the field of public administration in 2017 and 2018.
We offer an interdisciplinary and multilevel governance perspectives on the world’s most pressing issues. If you like to be challenged, you will not be disappointed!
Erasmus University Rotterdam has delivered on my post-graduate programme requirements by offering genuinely interesting and academically rigorous classes in global governance, EU policy making, and EU foreign policy that have been taught by engaging and well-respected professors.
Why study at Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Welcome to the highly-ranked Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), a research university located in the city of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. EUR offers 13 selective bachelor programmes, and more than 50 top master programmes, taught in English.
Erasmus University traces its origins back to 1913. The university has become internationally recognised for its distinct social orientation in education and research. Our 30,000+ students come from more than 100 countries all around the world.
Erasmus University Rotterdam. Make it happen.