Why study Master Place, Culture and Tourism
How can we make sense of New Zealand's 50% increase in tourism after the release of the Lord of the Rings trilogy? What motivates over 1.5 million people each year to visit Auschwitz in Poland? And why are the majority of Air France's destinations former colonies of France? This master will help you understand the international and dynamic field of cultural tourism and help you jumpstart a career in this ever-expanding field.
Five reasons to choose for Place, Culture and Tourism at the EUR
- Contrary to other tourism masters, this programme is truly interdisciplinary. You will study the relation between place, culture and tourism from various angles, including sociology, cultural economics, media studies and cultural studies.
- Your broad theoretical knowledge of the field will make you an interesting candidate for many employers, as you can approach challenges in today's tourist industry from different perspectives.
- Your lecturers are renowned researchers, who are partaking in global research projects. In their classes, they will provide you with knowledge of the most current and cutting-edge studies in the field.
- Studying at Erasmus University Rotterdam means you will be part of a truly international environment. In this programme you will not only study intercultural communication, but experience it yourself.
- Rotterdam is an upcoming tourist destination by itself, with a rich and vibrant cultural scene. The ideal place to start building your professional network!