TEDxErasmusUniversityRotterdam will take place on 5 October 2017 at Centrale Bibliotheek Rotterdam. The independently organized event, licensed by TED, will feature local voices under the theme of “Building a Better World”.
Launched in 2009, TEDx is program of locally organized events that bring the community together to share a TED-like experience. Some of the best talks from TEDx events have gone on to be featured on TED.com and garnered millions of views from audiences across the globe.
TEDxErasmusUniversityRotterdam will explore the topic of “Building a Better World”. Through this theme, we will discover how innovation and imagination are driving change and shaping the world of tomorrow. Topics include science, entrepreneurship, environment & sustainability, social responsibility and technology & invention.
Speakers at TEDxErasmusUniversityRotterdam include:
- Meike Vernooij (Erasmus Medical Centre, Young Erasmus Academy) - Unravelling our brain’s wiring
- Pauline Jansen (Erasmus MC, Young Erasmus Academy) - Kids, food and guilt
- Theo Kemperman (Rotterdam Public Library) - Want to make the world a better place with less inequality? Support your Public Library!
- Himanshu Kachhwaha (entrepreneur) - Following a dream
- Pablo van der Lugt (Delft University of Technology) - Booming Bamboo: the (re)discovery of a sustainable material with endless possibilities
- Marian Spier (brand builder) - The 5 principles of social impact
- Hani Sherry (tech-entrepreneur) - Building the next generation of vision
- Pamala Wiepking (Assistant Professor at the Department of Business-Society Management, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam, RSM) - Create the world you care about
Bob Maclaren is the host. A live webcast will be available at tedxerasmusuniversity.org.
Presenting Sponsor, Young Erasmus Academy, a network of young scientists at the Erasmus University Rotterdam whose goals include strengthening interdisciplinary partnerships and contacts among excellent young researchers.