Digital library services
Due to the Corona virus the University Library has limited opening hours; from 9.00 until 17.00 hrs, Monday-Friday. Because of Corona students and university faculty and staff are working from the home office. In order to support you during this time our digital services may be of help.
- Off campus access: Through sEURch, the Databases A-Z or Guides by discipline you can easily access online articles, journals and books from your home. Al you need is your ERNA-account to login when requested.
You can also install the Library Access browser extension which will automatically check if the sources that you are looking for are available via the Library. More information on off campus access.
- Online information. How to search, find, evaluate and manage it? The online Informations Skills modules of the Library can help you with that. These modules cover specific topics/issues that you come across when searching and handling online information for your assignments or thesis.
Learn all about how to sift through the online information overload and find the information you need. Or how to evaluate your search results and how to check them on scholarly quality.
- Digital data services: Do you need data for your assignment, thesis or research from one of the (financial) databases of the Library?
The Erasmus Data Service Centre will look into the current possibilities together with you. Please, contact them via firstname.lastname@example.org or 010- 4081232.
We have extended the loan period of all borrowed books until 1 August 2020. If this somehow did happen not for your book(s) here is how you can extend the loan period yourself through the My Account button in sEURch:
- Click in sEURch on the Sign in button at top of the screen
- Select the applicable login and sign in.
- In the right upper corner you will find your account and click on My account
- At the tab Checked Out you will see an overview the books you have borrowed
- Here you can extend the loan period per book by clicking on Renew
It is our policy to never charge for overdue books. We have extended the loan period of all borrowed books until 1 August 2020.
Yes, you can borrow and return books in the University Library again on week days from 9:00 to 17:00. As of 1 July, it is possible again to request books from another library. Check out the ways to consult our online resources at the top of the page.
The University Library is open from 9 am to 5 pm for students who have reserved a study space in advance and for returning and collecting books. If you have reserved a study place, you can also use the Follow-me printing facilities (printing, scanning and photocopying). Copyshop Canon is open again on working days from 10.00 to 16.00 as well.
Yes, as of June 15th we have a limited amount of 150 study spaces for which you will have to register.
Reserving your study space
- Reserve your spot with your ERNA-id onlinel (you can reserve a study place from 9 am the day before)
- You will receive a confirmation via email
- Both the entrance and the exit are at the Institutenlaan (at street level)
- The Library is open from 09.00 until 17.00 hrs, Monday-Friday
- No reservation = no admission to the Library