Recently, a new book by Dr Vidhi Chaudri (ERMeCC) and Prof. Asha Kaul (Indian Institute of Management) was published at SAGE. The book, entitled Corporate Communication through Social Media: Strategies for Managing Reputation provides a comprehensive look at social-mediated developments in corporate and organizational communication and examines the consequent implications for reputation management.
In a rapidly transforming communication and business environment, scholars and practitioners need a grounded and nuanced understanding of developments, and an approach that goes beyond the technical functionalities of social networks to delve into the ‘so what.’
Drawing on perspectives from communication and management, Kaul's and Chaudri's new book allows readers to make sense of the social-mediated communication phenomena and implications for reputation:
- How and in what ways has corporate communication changed due to digitalization?
- What constitutes reputation management in the all-pervasive social-mediated era?
- How can organizations prepare for, adapt to, and/or leverage communication possibilities for this ‘new normal’?
Others about 'Corporate Communication through Social Media'
"This collaborative team of Kaul and Chaudri advance the conversation and thinking about the role of social media in society - and how organizations intervene - than any other work I have seen out there. The writing is fresh and the examples are contemporary, relevant, and compelling."
- Craig Carroll (Adjunct Professor, New York University)
"This book is a modern, social media marketing toolkit for students of communication. It breaks dow nthe vast, complex world of social media, taking the reader through it like a practical, outcome-oriented guide should."
- Kunal Jeswani (CEO, Ogilvy & Mather India)