Rotterdamsch Leeskabinet reopens 2 June
Starting 2 June, the Rotterdamsch Leeskabinet has reopened for the public. This reopening is effectuated in accordance with the rules laid down by the RIVM. The number of visitors to the library will be monitored to avoid overcrowding. As a member of the Leeskabinet you can now browse our open collection again. In this first phase of our reopening you do not need to reserve the books on the acquisition tables but you may borrow them at your discretion.
What do you need to consider?
- We are open Monday till Friday between 09.00 and 17.00 hrs;
- To avoid crowds, visit us between 11.00 and 15.00 hrs;
- Take your time but do not stay in the building longer than necessary. The seats in the Leeskabinet are temporarily not available;
- The entrance and exit are on the Institutenlaan, at street level.
In the first week, 50 study spaces will be made available by the University Library. Gradually, we will extend this amount. The library is all set to accommodate social distancing measures. We ask you to follow instructions from our employees.
What is the procedure for a safe visit?
- Upon entering the building, you will be asked some questions regarding your health.
- You will then be given a ticket, please keep it on you.
- Disinfect your hands;
- Follow the dark blue route to the open stacks, the circulation and self-service desk;
- You can pick up your reserved books from the shelves and process them through the self-service desk. Do not forget your membership card;
- Follow the red route to leave the building. At the exit you return your ticket.
Do you still have books at home, and do you prefer not to visit the library yet? No problem, we have renewed all loan periods until 1 July.
Please stay at home if you have any symptoms of a cold or the flu.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org