Diarmaid has been working since September 2018 on a research project which seeks to design sustainable incentives to encourage preventive health behavior using insights from behavioral economics and social psychology. The project is part of the Erasmus Initiative “Smarter Choices for Better Health”. The project focuses on physical activity and seeks to address the widespread problem of individuals continually failing to follow through on their plans to engage in increased physical activity. Firstly, the project seeks to understand why this occurs, using both theoretical and empirical methods. Then, the insight gained will be used to design and test innovative interventions to help people to reach their physical activity goals.
Supervisors: Dr. Hans van Kippersluis, Prof. Dr. Kirsten Rohde and Prof. Dr. Han Bleichrodt.
Erasmus School of Economics
- Burg. Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam
- Lili L. Kókai, Marte F. van der Bijl, Martin S. Hagger, Diarmaid T. Ó Ceallaigh, Kirsten I.M. Rohde, Hans van Kippersluis, Alex Burdorf, Johannes J. Duvekot, Jeanine E.Roeters van Lennep & Anne I. Wijtzes (2022) - Needs and preferences of women with prior severe preeclampsia regarding app-based cardiovascular health promotion - BMC Women's Health, 22 (1) - doi: 10.1186/s12905-022-02004-5 - [link]
- Lili L. Kókai, Marte F. van der Bijl, Martin S. Hagger, Diarmaid T. Ó Ceallaigh, Kirsten I.M. Rohde, Hans van Kippersluis, Jeanine E.Roeters van Lennep & Anne I. Wijtzes (2022) - Perceived determinants of physical activity among women with prior severe preeclampsia: a qualitative assessment - BMC Women's Health, 22 - doi: 10.1186/s12905-022-01692-3 - [link]
- Lili L Kókai, Diarmaid O Ceallaigh, Anne I Wijtzes, Jeanine E Roeters van Lennep, Martin S Hagger, John Cawley, Kirsten I M Rohde, Hans van Kippersluis & Lex Burdorf (2022) - Moving from intention to behaviour: a randomised controlled trial protocol for an app-based physical activity intervention (i2be) - BMJ Open, 12 (1) - doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2021-053711 - [link]
- Nienke Boderie, Hans van Kippersluis, Diarmaid O Ceallaigh, Márta Radó, Lex Burdorf, Frank van Lenthe & Jasper Been (2020) - PERSonalised Incentives for Supporting Tobacco cessation (PERSIST) among healthcare employees: a randomised controlled trial protocol - BMJ Open, 10 (9) - doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-037799 - [link]
Seminar Behaviour, Health and Wellbeing
- Year Level
- bachelor 3, bachelor 3, bachelor 3
- Course Code