Orange Knowledge Programmes (OKP)
Only a limited number of master programmes at EUR are registered for the OKP.
|Level of study|
Scholarship / Grant in €
An OKP scholarship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the study period in the Netherlands. The allowance is a contribution towards your costs of living such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc. If applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the OKP scholarship amount.
Each master’s degree programme is listed under a specific OKP fellowship application deadline. Please see below.
More details & contact
Website: Study in Holland – Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
Application - Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
Interested in a programme of ESL, EMC, ESE, ESHCC or MBA RSM?
- Apply for the programme of your choice (see above).
2. The programme coordinators of the participating master degree programmes will invite promising candidates to submit their OKP application by sending them the link to the OKP registration form. They will explain next steps.
Please note: Being invited to complete the OKP fellowship registration form does not automatically lead to an official nomination for a scholarship. After the application deadline, EUR will decide which candidates will be nominated to continue in the selection process.
Interested in a programme / short course of IHS or ISS?
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development (IHS) and International Institute for Social Studies (ISS) have a different OKP application process. More information on the application process for IHS can be found here. More information on the application process for ISS can be found here.
- The participating programmes for ESL, EMC, ESE and ESHCC have a deadline on the 22 March 2018.
- MBA RSM will have a deadline in summer 2018. More details will follow soon.
- The OKP deadlines for programmes of IHS are published here.
- The OKP deadlines for programmes of ISS are published here.
On 1 July 2017 the Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) entered a new phase as a new programme under the name Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). OKP is initiated and fully funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals as well as organisations both in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training and Higher Education and in other fields related to the priority themes in the OKP partner countries. The scholarships are awarded in a very competitive selection to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organisation.
In order to filter out the scholarships you might be able to apply for, take the following steps:
- Select on this page your current situation.
By clicking on one of the situations, the scholarship overview that applies to you will be shown;
- All the basic requirements of the scholarship are mentioned in the table of the scholarship overview page. Check for country and region eligibility, study level and faculty specific information;
- Click on one of the scholarships for more details;
- To apply, follow the given application instructions.
- Select on this page your current situation.
- Follow the application instructions on the scholarship detail page, by clicking on one of the scholarships in the overview table.
- In Holland, higher education is subsidized, which means that tuition fees can be kept relatively low, especially compared with the United Kingdom and the United States. Because of this, we do not have an extensive scholarship programme. This doesn't mean we don't have them at all though, so make sure to have a closer look.
- Your changes are slim, meaning that most students won't gain a scholarship. There are hundreds of new students each year, but there is not an equal amount of scholarships available. But you never know, you might just be one of the lucky (chosen) ones. As long as you take into account that you may have to arrange financial aid in a different way, you're fine.
Most of the requirement apply to:
- Study results / being an excellent student;
- Being able to demonstrate your ambition;
- Level of study;
- Obtained diplomas;
- Country of origin.
First, select on the Scholarships and grants page if you're a student planning to study at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) or whether you're already studying at EUR and thinking about going on exchange.
After selecting one of these options, you'll land on a page with a scholarship overview applicable to your situation.
Preparing an application for a scholarship can be time consuming. Deadlines can be as early as January, so make sure to plan ahead. Start looking for scholarships 6-12 months in advance.
That depends on the scholarship. The scholarship may be a partial tuition fee waiver which means you still need to pay tuition fee. Please check the criteria of your scholarship carefully.
In a lot of cases you will receive the scholarship for only one year. Please check the scholarship criteria carefully to avoid unpleasant surprises. Think about ways to finance your 2nd and/or 3rd year in advance.