At the start of the orientation process, it is recommended to visit your faculty’s website and have an extensive look at the Nuffic (Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education) website. Your faculty’s international office will be able to answer specific questions and provide you with detailed information about partner institutions.
- Faculty's international office
- Information fair and sessions
- Partner universities
- Studying abroad with a functional impairment
The orientation process can be a particularly good time to contact the international office at your own faculty. They can answer specific questions and give you detailed information about the EUR partner institutions. On the faculty's international office's website dates will be announced for specific information sessions and for applications of the selection procedures.
Studying & Internships Abroad Fair
Each year in October, the International Office Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) and the international offices of the faculties organise the “Studying and Internships Abroad Fair ”. At this fair, you will find information about study exchange, international internships, language courses, volunteer work and scholarships. The fair of last year took place on 31 October 2017.
Multiple information sessions throughout the year
- Each year at the end of the year, the International Office EUR organises an information session about studying abroad after your studies (complete study programmes after your Bachelor’s or Master’s). It includes presentations by Nuffic (on financing), the Fulbright Center (on studying in the US) and other organisations. Please note that it is only for Dutch students and that it is not relevant for exchange students. The presentation of last year took place at 30 November 2017.
- Each year in April, a pre-departure information session is held on grant or scholarship possibilities for exchange programmes. The presentationsof this year took place on 22 March & on 5 April 2018.
See the presentations of the pre-departure information sessions below:
Nuffic is the Netherlands organisation for international cooperation in higher education. As an independent, non-profit organisation based in The Hague, the Netherlands, Nuffic supports internationalisation in higher education and helps improve access to higher education worldwide.
Nuffic's website is a great source for international students students who would like to study in the Netherlands and for Dutch students who would like to gain experience abroad. For example, it provides information about scholarships, how to prepare for your stay abroad and internship opportunities.
In order to offer students from different continents the chance to participate in an academic exchange, EUR has established a large network of partner universities. EUR has exchange agreements with more than 330 universities in 55 countries around the world, and offers around 600 students a year the opportunity to enrich their degrees with an international perspective.
To find out if your university has an exchange agreement with one of the EUR faculties, see the list of partner universities per country.
You can find written student reports from students who haven been abroad on the following websites:
- ESN Blog (reports from students who have been abroad as part of their Erasmus Programme).
- Erasmus MC (EMC)
- Erasmus School of Economics (ESE)
- Erasmus School of Law (ESL)
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC) (Go to the partner university you are interested in)
- Faculty of Philosophy (FP) (in Dutch)
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM)
- Rotterdam School of Management (RSM) (BlackBoard)
Within the Erasmus+ programme, special attention is given to students who have specific needs due to their functional impairment. If these needs are costly and thus hinder you from going abroad, it may be possible to get extra financing from the Erasmus+ programme. For more information, contact your faculty's international office or email email@example.com.