There is a great need for clinicians who can combine patient care and research. This Research Master programme is a unique opportunity for medical students to become clinical investigators and pursue an academic career simultaneously.
Students should acquire the following competencies:
- Ability to formulate a clinical problem and translate it into a scientific question;
- Ability to perform an extensive study of the literature concerning a clinical problem;
- Ability to translate a scientific question into a research protocol;
- Acquisition of sufficient knowledge of existing methods of clinical scientific research, biostatistical analytical methods, laws, regulations and ethics and the abilities to use such knowledge in a research protocol;
- Ability to conduct the research, collect and analyse data, and draw conclusions;
- Ability to write a Master’s thesis, including the objective(s) of the investigation, a summary of the literature, materials, methods, results, discussion and conclusions of the research project and to present these findings at scientific meetings. Publication of the research findings in an international peer-reviewed journal is encouraged.