Philosophy and Economics
Admission requirements for Research Master Philosophy and Economics
The admission requirements are:
- A Bachelor/Master in Economics, or Philosophy, Philosophy and Economics, PPE or related programmes.
- A grade for the bachelor thesis equivalent to at least an 8.0 in the Dutch grading system.
- An average grade in the bachelor equivalent to at least 8 in the Dutch grading system.
- Proficiency in English:
- The main language of your previous education was English, or
- You are a native speaker, or
- You can prove your proficiency in English in a writing sample.
- A detailed letter of intent that:
- demonstrates your interest in philosophy of economics;
- details your background in philosophy and economics;
- describes why you deem yourself equipped to follow the Research Master in Philosophy and Economics.
- A writing sample of around 10-15 pages. (At least 8 pages, maximum 25 pages, excluding bibliography and appendices. This can be an essay in philosophy, economics, or a closely related subject.)
- Two letters of reference.