Apply for Research Master Philosophy and Economics
The process operates on a rolling system. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application about six to eight weeks after they have received confirmation that their complete application has been received.
Applicants are advised to apply as early as possible. The application process closes when the places are filled up, but applications will not be considered after June 30, for entry in the same year.
In order for applications to be eligible for funding, deadlines may apply. If you need to obtain a visa and/or housing through the university, you need to apply before May 15. For more information, please visit the website of the International Office. Applicants are obliged to ensure that their applications are received well in advance of any such deadlines.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the application process.
Making an application
If you want to apply for this programme, please notify Ms. Marloes Westerveld via firstname.lastname@example.org before making an application. Deadline for application is June 30 if you do not need to apply for a visa. May 15 if you do need to apply for a visa. During the application process you will need the following documents:
- Certified copy of highest degree (if you do not have your degree yet, please add a note stating what degree you are about to obtain and when we may expect the certified copy)
- Transcript of academic records (the courses you have followed and the grade you obtained for each of them)
- A detailed letter of intent that:
- demonstrates your interest in philosophy of economics,
- details your background in philosophy and economics,
- describes how you are equipped to follow the research master in Philosophy and Economics.
- An English writing sample of around 10-15 pages (at least 8 pages, maximum 25 pages, excluding bibliography and appendices). This can be a coursework essay, bachelor thesis or (excerpts of) a master’s thesis in philosophy, economics, or a closely related subject.
- Statement proving your proficiency in English.
- Two reference letters (only letters from academic staff qualify).
Do you think you meet the requirements? Start your application in Studielink.
The programme you need to register for in Studielink is called "Philosophy (research)".
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Erasmus School of Philosophy
Ms. M. Westerveld
3000 DR Rotterdam