More computer power (High Performance Computing)
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Erasmus University Rotterdam provides advanced computing power to colleagues that require:
- more memory (intensive tasks) than is available on their computer;
- to perform many tasks (at the same time);
- to perform tasks that on a normal computer would take days/weeks.
How do I get access to more computer power (computing resources)?
You can get access to the computing resources by going through the following steps:
- Fill in the following form: User Request Form – Computing Resources at SURFsara.
- Read and sign the User Agreement Dutch HPC resources.
- Send the completely filled in and signed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- After EUR approval send the documents to email@example.com.
- SURFsara will send you further information on your account so that you can start with high performance computing.
Which system should I use?
The following three systems can be used to get access to more computer space or to perform complex tasks: the Lisa system, Cartesius and HPC Cloud. These systems are installed and maintained by SURFsara.
|The Lisa system||Cartesius system||HPC Cloud|
|Description||A system that offers a large number of multi-core nodes and a fast network enabling efficient parallel programs.||The Dutch national supercomputer||Dynamically scalable and fully configurable HPC systems|
|Use case||For people who are in need of large computing capacities, but do not need the facilities of a real supercomputer.||A general purpose capability system||A virtualized HPC cluster that users can configure to match their needs|
|Detailed information||The Lisa system||Cartesius||HPC Cloud|
Please contact the Data team of Erasmus Data Service Centre (EDSC) for advice on high performance computing.