Tony Wijntuin is a senior consultant, researcher and lecturer at the Erasmus Centre for Urban, Port and Transport Economics (Erasmus UPT). With a special interest in “Urban Retail” focusing on retail development in inner cities, large scale area developments and high traffic locations, Tony Wijntuin interactively links academic research with business practices. He regularly advises local governments and large companies on these topics.
- Urban Retail (2017-ongoing): project aimed at the creation of a scientific research and advisory program focusing on retail development and the interaction with urban environments and large-scale area developments
- RESOLVE (2016-ongoing): strategic research and implementation project aimed at reducing carbon emissions related to retail activities in cities.
Tony Wijntuin teaches and supervises students at both undergraduate (Bachelor and Master) and postgraduate level. He is involved in the following courses at Erasmus University Rotterdam:
- Seminar Urban, Port and Transport Economics - Bachelor Economics and Business
- Seminar Regional and Transport Economics – MSc Urban, Port and Transport Economics (UPTE)
- Master City Developer (MCD)- Post Academic MSc in urban area development.
In addition, Tony Wijntuin is a regular (guest) lecturer and speaker in other courses for both academic and professional audiences.
Next to his position at Erasmus University Rotterdam, Tony Wijntuin is also the founder and director of WYNE Strategy & Innovation a consultancy firm which specializes in the commercial development (retail, food & drinks and services) of inner cities, shopping malls, public spaces and high traffic locations such as airports, public transportation hubs, hospitals, university campuses and petrol stations.