Staff immigration

EUR will apply for an entry visa and/or residence permit on your behalf. In order to do so, we will need several documents from you, in some cases legalized. Please refer to the menu on your left hand for relevant information. 


By May 23rd, 2018, the new EU Directive 2016/801 comes into force, regulating amongst others under which immigration conditions researchers from non-EU countries can come to Europe to do research. As a new international coming to Erasmus University Rotterdam, not much will change for you:

EUR will still apply for a MVV/VVR on your behalf, and you will have to adhere to “MoMi-rules” (or Modern Migration Policy).

The main changes are:

  • Adding a copy of your highest educational diploma is now a required part of our visa/permit application
  • For all those qualifying as ‘Researcher’, submitting an application for a visa/permit as ‘Kennismigrant’ is not possible anymore
It will become easier to do part of your research elsewhere in Europe: a notification might suffice instead of again applying for a visa/permit in another EU member state. For more information please contact HR International.

HR International

Compare @count study programme

  • @title

    • Duration: @duration
Compare study programmes