Taking charge of my performance and development
The purpose of this course is to effectively prepare yourself for the P&D conversation. Being more aware of what you want to achieve with the conversation will give you a better chance of succeeding. While we will be working with set themes, we will also explore your specific case. The course consists of a theory component and a practice component where participants will have the opportunity to practice conducting a difficult conversation with an actor.
The topics that will be covered in this course include:
- How do I ensure that I take part in a P&D conversation that will satisfy my expectations?
- How do I stay in control of the conversation?
- How can I effectively prepare for the conversation?
- How can I present my qualities in a way that my manager sees me for who I am and appreciates what I have to offer?
- How do I give feedback to my manager/supervisor?
- How do ensure that the way I am expected to perform is sufficiently clear and meaningful for me?
- How do I ensure there is a clear link between what my manager expects from me and the department’s/unit’s objectives?
- If I am dissatisfied about something, how can I raise this for discussion?
- How can I discuss my career goals?
Preparation: we would like to ask to you to go to the website www.my.eur.nl/PD - where you will find complete information about the P&D process and the form. An HR consultant will be present during each training session to answer any questions you might have.
|Date:||5 December 2019|
|Time:||09.00 - 12.30|
|Duration:||1 session of 3,5hrs|
|Fee:||The training is free for EUR staff. The fee for colleagues of EUR Holding will be EUR 200.|
- A clear view of one’s own contribution to the interview
- Practical preparation tips for discussing the matters that are important to you
- Practicing with giving and receiving feedback efficiently
- Setting clear goal and development agreements (SMART)
Communication and influencing: oral communication, collaboration and empathy (listening)
Personal efficiency: self-reflection
Analysing and planning: learning capacity
The training is provided by Vincent Hendriks from Ardis.