Current facets (Pre-Master)
After this training, you will have more understanding of your role as a manager. You will have acquired more knowledge and the skills necessary for directing and coaching your staff. You will know how to win your team’s support for changes and you will be aware of your own qualities and what you need to work on as a manager.
|Dates:||22, 29 November & 6 December 2018|
|Times:||9.00 - 17.00|
|Costs:||The training is free for EUR staff. For employees of EUR Holding, Leiden University and Delft University of Technology, the training session costs € 1,500.|
Module 1 - Giving direction as a manager
On the first day of this training session, we will explore the different roles of a manager on the basis of a leadership model developed by Ardis. Participants will use exercises and assignments to develop skills to direct staff. We shall address the following themes on this first day:
- As a manager, what are my qualities and what do I find more difficult?
- How do I make clear, practical and performance agreements that are taken seriously?
- How do I create a balance between the direction I want to go in and the freedom I want to allow for my staff?
- How do I develop a vision for my team?
Module 2 - How to have a good conversation
In module 2, we will practise the most important kinds of conversations you, the manager, will have with your staff. We will discuss various methods of intervention so you learn how to steer the conversation in the direction you want it to go. Each time, we will stop to examine beliefs that prevent you from conveying what you really want to say. In the afternoon, we will work with an actor, who will give feedback, accurately and respectfully, on how you come across as a manager. We will address the following topics:
- How do I give feedback constructively?
- How do I receive feedback in a way that makes my staff see me as open-minded?
- How do I coach my staff so they develop new behaviour and competencies?
- How do I deal with difficult conversations?
- How do I stimulate mobility in my staff?
Module 3 -Leadership for change
On the third day, we allow the participants to experience and discover how they can encourage their staff to assume the desired behaviour or improve the team. We will introduce the Ardis Team Image, which provides points of reference for reinforcing specific aspects of the team. The themes addressed here are:
- How do I win my staff’s support for an appealing vision? How do I convey my vision in a way that will inspire them?
- How do I deal with resistance to change?
- How do I manage my own manager? How do I create the freedom to follow my own path? How do I influence my environment?
- How do I keep my staff properly informed?
- How do I reinforce cooperation within the team?
Analysing & devising: Vision
Guiding & supervising: Connective leadership, Coaching.
Communicating & influencing: Persuasiveness
Vincent Hendriks from Ardis will give the training session.
The course is suitable for managers with 0-3 years of experience or managers who would like to refresh or expand their knowledge and skills.