ENVH Athena Prize
The goal of Erasmus University Rotterdam and the Erasmus Network of Female Professors (ENVH) is to achieve proportional representation of female employees. This is why the ENVH Athena Prize was launched. The award recognises and highlights employees who have made exceptional efforts to promote female talent and serve in an exemplary role for colleagues.
The award is presented annually by the ENVH. All Erasmus University and Erasmus MC employees (both men and women, support and academic staff) are eligible for this award. The ENVH Athena Prize is a custom-made painting by artist Sofja Wolsky and a certificate signed by the Rector Magnificus and the ENVH chair.
Candidates for the ENVH Athena Prize are assessed according to the following criteria:
- Makes a substantial contribution to advancing the position of women within EUR/Erasmus MC.
- Makes a demonstrable contribution to advancing the position of women within EUR/Erasmus MC.
- Takes on the role of ambassador for expressing appreciation of talented women by both words and actions, and thus serves as an example for colleagues.
- Actively encourages concrete initiatives for creating an inclusive culture at EUR.
- Actively encourages concrete initiatives to promote diversity in talent at EUR.
Prof. Maria Grever (ESHCC)