Depending on your nationality and the length of your stay, you will either need a short stay visa, an entry visa, a residence permit or a Working Holiday Programma (WHP) permit. 

You can find more information about the different types of permits here. We have also added information for students who already have a Dutch residence permit and want to change or extend it.