International Bachelor Econometrics and Operations Research
Take solving puzzles to the next level
A systematic approach to explain, predict and solve real-life economic and social issues
Do you have a profound interest in the origins and evolvement of economic issues? Are you interested in applying mathematical and statistical techniques to help answer economic questions? Would you like to be able to develop and use your own models to define and explain reality systematically? Are you self-motivated and eager to study with international students?
If so, International Bachelor Econometrics and Operations Research with mathematics, statistics and economics at its core is the programme for you. It enables you to take on complex issues like:
- How will the price of energy and commodities evolve over the coming years?
- How can queue times in hospitals be reduced?
- How is advertising in online media best combined with offline media?
- How can public transport planning be improved?
Rotterdam, cradle of modern econometrics
Rotterdam breathes industry, logistics, culture, architecture, finance. It’s also the place where modern econometrics saw the light with the acclaimed Econometric Institute, founded in 1956. With this solid foundation, the world within reach and every opportunity to kick-off a great career, where else would you want to study but Erasmus School of Economics?
Rotterdam Econometrics graduates hold the key
Depending on your specialisation, you will be gladly welcomed by international companies and institutions alike:
- investment banks
- insurance companies
- asset management companies
- (marketing research) consultancy firms
- multinationals like Unilever or Procter & Gamble
- airlines and transport authorities
- oil companies
- government agencies
- international organisations like the OECD or IMF
International Bachelor Econometrics and Operations Research students come in all shapes and sizes. They do, however, have a couple of things in common: they are focused, persistent, have a knack for mathematics and are systematic in their approach. They also thrive in an international environment and can’t get enough of dealing with complex issues.