One of the character traits that define Rotterdam students is their high level of activity and that they are not afraid to work hard. They are actively involved in all sorts of consulting associations and often have on the side jobs as student assistants to professors or in the administrative division of the faculty. Their contribution keeps the faculty on their toes and allows them to incorporate the students’ opinions.
The character of the students is also represented in the presence of the active faculty and study associations.
Economic Faculty association Rotterdam (EFR)
The Economic Faculty association Rotterdam (EFR), established in 1963 is one of the largest and most active faculty associations in the Netherlands. The EFR unites students of the Erasmus School of Economics and connects theory with practice. The EFR communicates, amongst others, via their own magazine Eclaire, which is published seven times a year and is sent to six thousands students and contacts.
Especially for first year students the EFR organizes an introduction weekend, book sales, excursions and company visits. Other large-scale events that the EFR organizes are:
- the annual Business Week
- exchange with other European associations
- introductory meetings with potential employers
- a big political debate, during election years in the Netherlands
- annual edition of the Economic Faculty Almanac
Faculty Association Econometrics & Operations Research (FAECTOR)
The Faculty Association Econometrics & Operations Research (FAECTOR) is the faculty association for aspiring econometricians at the ESE. Since 1966, FAECTOR has been offering large, varied projects and events for Econometrics students in the Netherlands. At this moment, FAECTOR is the biggest study association for Econometrics students in the world! We organise over ten career events per year, besides various other events and activities.
Before the start of the academic year, FAECTOR organises the introduction camp PINKWIN for Dutch first-year Econometrics students and the introduction camp PENGUIN for students that follow the International Econometrics or Bachelor Squared program. During these introduction camps, you will get to know Econometrics students from all study phases, the university and the city of Rotterdam.
Other activities that FAECTOR organises are:
- Quantitative Finance Tour (a visit to London to get to know how it feels to be an investment banker)
- International Research Project (for example in Brazil, Canada, South Korea, Singapore and Tokyo)
- National Econometricians Day
- Smaller events such as social drinks, company visits, sports tournaments and a 10% discount on study books