The Health Economics group is part of the Department of Applied Economics at Erasmus University and the Labor, Health, Education and Development Group at Tinbergen Institute. More information about our members and teaching can be found by clicking HE team and HE teaching.
- 28 March: Ronelle Burger (Stellenbosch University)
Title: Negative household events and depressive symptoms: Evidence from South African longitudinal data
- 30 March: Martin Salm (University of Tilburg)
Title: Behavioral responses to patient co-payment schemes – does the framing of cost-sharing incentives matter?
- 6 April: Alec Morton (University of Strathclyde)
Title: Allocation rules for global donors
- 18 May: Hannes Schwandt (University of Zurich)
- 1 June: Iris Kesternich (KU Leuven)
- 8 June: Olivier l’Haridon (Université of Rennes)
See which seminars we organized in the past.
- The Health Economics group has currently a three-year postdoc position available
- The Health Economics group has currently a PhD vacancy available on "Interactions between nature and nurture in the development of education and health"
- The Health Economics group offers a TI summer course on Economics of Health Inequality in July 2016
- Prof. Eddy van Doorslaer, Prof. Owen O’Donnell and Prof. Ellen Van de Poel organizes a symposium on Global Health Financing on 12 November at Erasmus Paviljoen, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Prof. Paul Gertler (UC Berkeley) gives a Masterclass on Impact Evaluation on Tuesday 10 November from 13.00-14.45 in CB-03 (Theil Building)
- Dies Natalis 2015 takes place on 9 November in the Auditorium Erasmus University Rotterdam, featuring the awarding of Honorary Doctorates to Prof. Paul Gertler (UC Berkeley) and Prof. John Ioannidis (Stanford University)
- Dr. Hans van Kippersluis has been one of the runner-ups for the Christiaan Huygens Science Award 2015 for best PhD thesis in Economics
- Dr. Tom van Ourti has been appointed as endowed professor of applied health economics
- Dr. Hans van Kippersluis wins Top Talent Researcher Award and Dr. Tom van Ourti wins Top Lecturer Award on ESE-bility day 2015
- Bastian Ravesteijn receives Harkness Fellowship
- Professor Eddy van Doorslaer has been appointed as new member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)
- Van Kippersluis, H. and C.A. Rietveld (2017) “Pleiotropy-robust Mendelian Randomization” International Journal of Epidemiology forthcoming.
- Bijwaard, G.E. and H. van Kippersluis (2016) “Efficiency of Health Investment: Education or Intelligence?” Health Economics 25: 1056–1072
- Arnold M, Rentería E, Van Ourti T, Soerjomataram I (2016). Global inequalities in cancer incidence and mortality in the 21st century. Cancer Causes and Control, 27(8): 999-1007.
- Coveney M, García Gómez P, Van Doorslaer E, Van Ourti T (2016). Health disparities by income in Spain before and after the economic crisis. Health Economics, 25: 141-158.
- Flores, G. & O'Donnell, O. (2016). Catastrophic medical expenditure risk. Journal of Health Economics, 46, 1-15.