Students from the Erasmus School of Economics - (pre-)master requirements
On this page you can find all the information regarding the requirements to successfully apply to one of our master or pre-master programmes. In the table below you can see which (pre-)master programmes are accessible with your bachelor diploma. A finished bachelor or pre-master programme is required in order to be admissible to a (pre-)master programme.
The application period runs from 1 June till 1 August.
To apply you have to complete two steps: First register in Studielink for the (pre-)master of your choice.
Second, click on the 'Apply' button beneath the selected master programme to proceed to the application form and finalise your application.
In the matrix below you can see for which (pre-)master programme you can apply with your ESE bachelor's degree.
|Accounting, Auditing |
|Economics and Business Economics||Econometrics |
BSc Economie en Bedrijfseconomie/
|BSc Econometrie en Operationele Research/ |
Econometrics and Operations Research
|BSc² Econometrics/ Economics||Yes||Yes||Yes||Pre-master|
|BSc Fiscale Economie||Yes||Yes||Pre-master*||Yes|
|BSc Economie en Informatica||No||Yes||Pre-master*||Pre-master|
|Apply now||Apply now||Apply now|
* Only if preparation courses are passed during bachelor's programme. Find more information for IBEB students or Economie en Bedrijfseconomie / Fiscale Economie students.
From pre-master to master
Students who have completed their pre-master programme can apply for the contiguous master's programme.
If you have not finished your thesis before the application deadline of 1 August (or if your grade is not registered before this deadline), but will finish your thesis by 31 August, you can ask your thesis supervisor to write a Thesis Statement.
This statement declares that you will have finished your thesis successfully by 31 August at the latest. Your thesis supervisor can download the Thesis Statement from the website for ESE staff. You can upload a scan or photo of the thesis statement with your online application.
Request for dispensation
Students who almost meet the requirements can file a request for dispensation. The request for dispensation should contain the following elements:
- The number of credits you have not passed.
- The name(s) of the course(s) you have not passed.
- Your study planning for the upcoming year, including the course(s) you have not passed.
- The reason for not meeting the requirements.
- Your motivation why the Examination Board should grant you admission to the master's programme.
- If you refer to events you will have to include proof of that event. E.g. illness: a note from your doctor.
Applications are closed
The deadline for applying with a ESE bachelor diploma has passed. You will be able to apply for the academic year 2017-2018 as of 1 June 2017.