Jean Monnet Chair | Activities
Standing activities of Klaus Heine:
- Lecturer of the course Introduction to the economic fundamentals of grid law in the Master of Business, Competition and Regulatory Law at the Freie Universität Berlin. More information
- Lecturer of the course Grid Operation – Incentive Channeling in the MBA “Energy Management” at the Technical University Berlin.
- Member of the research program Behavioural Approaches to Contract and Tort: Relevance for Policy Making at Erasmus School of Law. More information
- Policy consulting to the German government within the Hightech-Forum (Fachforum “Autonome Systeme”). More information
Past activities of Klaus Heine (selection):
- The paper "The upside of Monopolies in Information Data Privacy Law" (jointly with Ignacio Cofone) has been accepted for the annual Privacy Law Scholars Conference (PLSC) at the George Washington University, Washington D.C, June 2-3, 2016.
- On March 30 – April 2, 2016, Shaheen Naseer and Klaus Heine presented the paper “Inertia and Public Bureaucracy: The Imprint of the Bureaucrat” at the annual meeting of the European Public Choice Society at the University of Freiburg.
- On March 3, 2016, Klaus Heine gave the lecture “Product Liability in the Age of Industry 4.0 - An Inventory” within the course “Comparative Tort Law”at the University of Groningen.
- On November 19, 2015, Klaus Heine gave a presentation on “3D-printing - an inventory of socio-legal challenges” at the 7th Annual Conference of the Netherlands Institute for Law and Governance, VU University, Amsterdam. More information
- On July 26-31, 2015, Erich Oltmanns and Klaus Heine presented the paper “Towards a Political Economy of Statistics” at the 60th World Statistic Congress (International Statistical Institute) in Rio de Janeiro. More information
- On June 25-26, 2015 Klaus Heine organized an international PhD workshop on ‘European Governance and Financial Regulation – Towards an Integrated Legal and Economics Approach’ within the framework of EURO-CEFG jointly with Goethe University Frankfurt at the Forschungskolleg Humanwissenschaften of the Goethe University Frankfurt, Bad Homburg (Germany).
- On April 16-17, 2015, Erich Oltmanns and Klaus Heine presented the paper "W(h)ither R&D in the SNA?" at the 2015 IARIW-OECD conference on the future of national accounts “W(h)ither the SNA?” at the OECD, Paris. More information
- From February, 18-28, 2015 Klaus Heine was a visiting scholar at the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence at the Friedrich Schiller-University Jena.
- On November, 6-7, 2014 the third workshop on Organisational Behaviour and Legal Development took place at Bournemouth University (BU). It was jointly organized by Klaus Heine (RILE) and Fabian Homberg (BU). Erasmus School of Law was represented by Klaus Heine, Pieter Desmet, Kateryna Grabovets, Petra Gyongyi and Shaheen Naseer. Professor of Cultural Economics Ruth Towse (BU and CREATe), professor of Economics Alan Webster (BU) and professor of Economics Jens Hölscher (BU) also participated in the workshop.
- Study visit to Brussels with students from the Minor course Political Economy of European Integration (2014). Visit to Dutch permanent representation, lecture by Jan Olbrycht in the European Parliament, special interest group SpiritEurope and the Brussels office of Transparency International. October 16th 2014.
- European Union Decision-Making and Challenges to Economic and Financial Governance, workshop at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study (NIAS) in Wassenaar. October 7, 2014.
- Quo vadis Europe after the financial and sovereign debt crises? University Seminar Goethe University Frankfurt am Main - May 16 & 17, 2014.
- Study visit to Brussels with students from the Minor course Political Economy of European Integration. Visit to the Commission (Justice), Dutch permanent representation and the Brewers of Europe. October 24th 2013.
- 29th EGOS (European Group for Organisational Studies) Colloquium, Montréal, Canada. July 4–6, 2013. Presentation: The logic of law and economics meets organizational studies – The case of organizational wrongdoing. With Kateryna Grabovets. More information
- Conference: "Company tax integration in the EU - a necessary step to neutralize "excessive" behavior within the EU?" June 11 2013, Rotterdam.
- June 6-7 2013: Member of the Scientific Committee at the Workshop Economic Governance and Organizations at The Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC).
- Organizer of the 6th Topics Workshop of the International Max Planck Research School “Uncertainty” at the Erasmus School of Law within the framework of BACT. For the workshop report see IMPRS.