Current facets (Pre-Master)
Worked in and surveyed facilities of three companies in the U.S., Netherlands, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Visited and audited each facility to determine how environmental regulations and country culture influenced the implementation of ISO 14001 international environmental management system standard.
Current affiliations and activities
- Research Professor, School of the Environment, University of South Carolina (USC), Columbia, SC: Develop research proposals and environmental management courses, instructor and advisor to MEERM students in the area of international sustainability management; 2001-Present.
- Associate Faculty, SC Honor College – Teach course on International Environmental Standards, 2005-current
- Associate Faculty, USC Moore School of Business– Teach course on International Business and Sustainable Development
- Founder, Director, USC International Management Systems Network (IMSN) Work with faculty, students and managers from U.S. and European universities and industry on management systems implementation and integration strategies, e.g., ISO 14001, EMAS, ISO 9001, BS 18001, SA 8000.
- Co-Founder, Faculty Member, International Environmental Management Education Summer School, 2004, 05, 06 Established Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Siegen in 2003.
- Joint Research Partnership, University of Aalborg, Denmark, on the integration of international management system standards:
- Visiting Faculty, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain-Teach International EMS Integration Course, which includes the European Eco-Management and Auditing Scheme (EMAS), 2003, 04, 05, 06
- Visiting Faculty, University of Siegen, Germany-Co-teach International Management Systems Integration, 2004, 06
- Subject Matter Expert, Waste Management Systems, Academy of Finland and the Research Council for Natural Sciences and Engineering 2005, 06
- Reviewer, Journal for Cleaner Production, Journal of Environmental Management, 1999 to present