Arts and Culture Studies
Master of Arts (MA) in Arts and Culture Studies
Do you want to become a professional in the field of arts and culture studies? In this programme you will study all facets of this dynamic field, from production to consumption, from an international perspective.
Creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and a global vision are vital to a flourishing arts and culture sector. These characteristics typify not only artists; they are also increasingly important for those who are involved with arts and culture behind the scenes.
At Erasmus University, you are trained to envision new possibilities and establish new models for the organisation of arts and culture using cutting-edge insights on policy, marketing, audiences and education. Your thorough knowledge of the international world of the arts and culture sector provides an excellent gateway to positions such as policymaker, marketing and PR for arts or programmer at cultural institutions.
Why study a Master in Arts and Culture Studies in Rotterdam?
Studying arts and culture at Erasmus University Rotterdam means:
- studying arts and culture from multiple angles (sociology, economy, policy making);
- looking at arts and culture in a local as well as in a global context;
- getting prepared for a career in a dynamic, ever-changing sector as you are able to think innovatively and creatively;
- studying in an international environment! According to the Times Higher Education, The Erasmus University is one of the 200 most international universities worldwide;
- studying in an innovative and diverse city: the pop-up inititiaves are flourishing like never before. The ideal environment for young culture lovers with big plans.
You will acquire universally applicable, excellent skills related to the handling and interpretation of information. You will develop specific expertise regarding the socio-economics of the arts and culture, which will set you apart from other university graduates. You will develop a critical mindset and reflect on how to combine cultural and social values with running sustainable enterprises. You will also become better at communicating your original ideas.
Please see below for information about the specialisation within this Master Programme. Whether a specialisation is offered full-time or part-time, is indicated accordingly.
|Arts, Culture and Society||Full-time||Part-time|
|Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship||Full-time||Part-time|