Master in Management
(Master of Science in Business Administration, MScBA)
Get down to business. Supplement your bachelor degree in any field with a master that gives you a broad perspective on international business and management, providing you with excellent job opportunities.
Build bridges to business with a programme tailored to the needs of graduates with a degree in disciplines such as the arts, engineering, or law. You will explore and understand the key issues facing managers in international business, such as finance, strategy, marketing, HR management and entrepreneurship. Then you will choose a specialisation and write your master thesis on this topic. The disciplinary knowledge from your bachelor programme on the one hand, and the practical management knowledge and skills you will gain at the top-ranked Rotterdam School of Management on the other hand, will give you a competitive edge in your career. The programme consists of 30 ECTS adaptation and 60 ECTS of degree courses, and can be completed in 16 months.
Read more about: Programme in Master in Management
Why a Master in Management?
- a unique challenge to combine your disciplinary bachelor knowledge with an advanced management degree;
- the opportunity to learn and integrate all aspects of business administration in one programme;
- meet fellow students from a variety of disciplinary and international backgrounds;
- challenging academic theory that reflects the latest business and management thinking.
Having a disciplinary bachelor, combined with the general business and management knowledge of this master, is an excellent way to broaden your career possibilities.
Many students find positions with multinationals even before they graduate. And our professional Career Services staff is committed to helping you market your skills effectively to potential employers.
- acquire an in-depth and thorough understanding of business theory and practice;
- develop essential interdisciplinary and intercultural skills;
- master a highly specialised and cross-disciplinary area of expertise;
- gain an internationally recognised master degree from a renowned business school.
- Entrepreneurial Challenge
- Corporate Governance, Law and Ethics
- Strategic Management & Renewal
- Research Methods
- International Business Strategy
- Organisational Behaviour
- Consultancy Project
- Business & Society
- Managerial Decision Making & Negotiation
- Corporate Finance
- Innovation & Market Orientation
- Human Resource Management
- Management Science
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Information Strategy
- Reputational Challenge
- Your Future Company
Read more about: Curriculum Programme in Master in Management
Mode of education
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
The Master in Management programme is aimed at recent bachelor graduates from any discipline with an ambition to enhance their career opportunities. The combination of management skills and academic knowledge is much sought after in the labour market.
- Undergraduate degree from a research university in any discipline
- GMAT ≥600
- GPA equivalent to ≥7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS)
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
Read more about: Admission criteria Programme in Master in Management
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Programme in Master in Management