Joint Minor Erasmus University Rotterdam, TU Delft and Leiden University
This minor will be offered in academic year 2023-2024 and starts in September 2023.
This LDE Minor combines the domains of design thinking and technology-enhanced learning and teaching with interdisciplinary group work. You are guided through your individual learning path towards skilled educational innovators and researchers who know their way in the worlds of Education, Technology and Design and are able to apply this knowledge in educational practice. In a multidisciplinary group you will face real-life challenges you have to solve considering all important aspects of three domains involved.
After completing this minor you will:
- be able to compare and contrast learning paradigms and their implementation in education
- know about different educational technologies and their affordances
- know how these technologies are used for enhanced learning
- know and understand the phases of Design Thinking and the associated activities and outcomes
In the 2nd semester you will solve a given challenge, including
- specifying different instructional design and pedagogies/li>
- developing a conceptual design for an EdTech solution
- applying the Design Thinking process
The minor is open for students from all disciplines; the more variation in disciplines, the better. Proficiency in English and full time commitment are required. The facilitators will compile the groups as diverse as possible
Overview content per week
|Basics of Design Thinking||5|
|Building a Challenge Solution||15|
Design projects, excursions, workshops, building analysis, research
Frequently asked questions
Please read the application procedure for more information.