Rotterdam School of Management | legal advisor (0.6/0.8 fte)
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 research-based business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who carry their innovative mindset into a sustainable future thanks to a first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is seeking to employ a legal advisor (0,6 / 0,8 fte) in connection to a maternity replacement (1 February 2018 – 1 September). The legal advisor will be part of the Dean’s Office and provide legal support for a variety of contracts and agreements in the fields of education and research.
You will be responsible for providing legal support within RSM, by advising on and handling of legal affairs, drawing up and assessing legal documents, within the scope of national and international laws and regulations, professional codes and the rules and regulations of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). The objectives are to ensure that the agreements RSM enters into are legally sound and transparent in terms of associated risks and to promote well founded legal decision-making procedures and conduct.
This includes the following tasks:
- Dealing with and advising on legal issues in the field of contract law and intellectual property law;
- Evaluating contracts on relevance and assess any risk (financial or otherwise) these may have for RSM and EUR;
- Drawing up contracts, general terms and conditions, model agreements for research and education affairs, cooperation agreements, non-disclosure agreement, intellectual property-related contract (such as licenses), data protection and so on;
- Conducting contract negotiations and support negotiations from a legal perspective;
- Assisting in preparations for proceedings in terms of content and procedure and to handle affairs (contract disputes);
- Actively keep abreast of legal developments in the focus areas with a view to their implications for RSM’s administration;
- Actively creating and disseminating model agreements, general terms and conditions and monitoring use of these models;
- Liaising with other legal support officers, amongst other Legal Affairs at EUR central, to jointly improve the quality of legal support at EUR and RSM;
The ideal candidate will combine excellent legal skills with the ability to effectively operate in complex environments.
- You hold a Master degree in Dutch Law, with (a.o.) knowledge of public / administrative law, contract law and intellectual property law;
- You have multiple years’ experience in the preparation, negotiation and monitoring of complex contracts;
- Experience in cooperation at the interface between academic and private parties is an advantage, as is experience with the Dutch Higher Education Act (WHW);
- Knowledge of the 7th Framework Programme, Horizon 2020, Dutch government-subsidized research projects and other programmes is an advantage;
- You have affinity with a research and education-driven environment;
- Excellent command of English (C1) and Dutch (C2), both oral and written;
- Excellent legal and analytical skills;
- Very strong sense of accuracy and excellent writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- Ability to work independent but also in teams;
- Ability to cooperate and interact with various stakeholders within and outside RSM;
- Ability to prioritize and perform under time constraints;
- Service-oriented, with a hands-on and proactive attitude.
If you are interested in this position please send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention of Anne van de Graaf, Director of Operations.
Further information can be obtained from Anne van de Graaf (email@example.com)
The closing date is 14 December 2017
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.rsm.nl.
The conditions of employment correspond with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
We offer a 0,6 / 0,8 contract, for the period 1 February 2018 – 1 September 2017. Depending on developments there may be an extension possible.
Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 3,475 gross per month and up to a maximum of € 4,757 gross per month (scale 11 CAO NU), based on a fulltime contract of 38 hours.
Erasmus University has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8.0%, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and a considerate amount of vacation days. More information is available at www.eur.nl/english/staff/hr_service/.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all gender, ethnicities and nationalities.