Graduation day Erasmus School of Economics
Current facets (Pre-Master)
To ensure everything goes smoothly on your graduation day and during the graduation ceremony (during which you receive diploma), we have compiled a check list. This protocol applies to students taking master’s examinations.
- The graduation ceremony will be held in the examination rooms in the A Building.
- On your graduation day, you should report to room AB-11 a quarter of an hour before the start of the examination session.
- If the session is open to the public, your guests may attend.
- For the first fifteen minutes of the session (approximately), you will have the opportunity to explain your research, methodology and conclusions, as formulated in your thesis; after which the thesis committee will put questions to you.
- Subsequently, the committee will leave the examination room, to discuss your final mark, and you and your guests will remain there to await their return.
- Once a decision has been made about your final mark, you and your guests will be invited to attend the graduation ceremony.
- At the ceremony, the committee will hand you your diploma, corresponding list of marks and supplement.
- Afterwards, there will be an opportunity for people to offer you their congratulations in the hall.
There are various restaurants in the university complex where you can continue your celebrations. However, it is advisable to enquire about these possibilities in advance and to make a reservation in good time. To consider the various possibilities, please refer to http://www.erasmuspaviljoen.nl/
On behalf of the Study Progress and Diploma Administration Team, we would like to wish you an enjoyable and memorable day!