Journal lists & directories
Current facets (Pre-Master)
This page provides an overview of ranked journal lists and journal directories. Journal lists are published primarily to assist researchers to target papers at journals of an appropriate standard. Journal directories are sources with bibliographic and publisher information on thousands of periodicals.
- ERIM Journals List
The Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) is a research school of Erasmus University Rotterdam. The ERIM Journals List is their list of the best journals in the field of management.
- ERIH - European Reference Index for the Humanties
The aim of the European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH) is to enhance the global visibility of high-quality research in the Humanities across all of Europe.
- ERA Journal Lists - The Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) initiative uses a range of indicators and other proxies to support the evaluation of research excellence. One of these indicators is discipline-specific tiered outlet rankings.
- Journal Quality List - Compiled and edited by Prof. Anne-Wil Harzing. The Journal Quality List is a collation of journal rankings from a variety of sources. It is published primarily to assist academics to target papers at journals of an appropriate standard.
Ulrich's Web provides bibliographic and publisher information on more than 300,000 periodicals of all types – academic and scholarly journals, Open Access publications, peer-reviewed titles, popular magazines, newspapers, newsletters.
- It covers all subjects, and includes publications that are published regularly or irregularly and that are circulated free of charge or by paid subscription.
- It includes active titles, suspended titles, ceased titles (from 1974), and forthcoming titles.
- There are approximately 100 top-level Ulrich's subject headings and more than 950 overall.
- Subject categories, ISSN, subscription rates, publisher name, title, editor, electronic availability.
- Updated weekly.
- Contact information for 80,000 publishers from 200 countries.
Login via the database list of the University Library, with your Erna account. ISSN Portal is a tool for identifying more than one million periodical titles worldwide and for accessing related information and resources. Each ISSN assigned to a serial publication is registered in an international database: the ISSN Register. This database, which is accessible through the ISSN Portal , is considered as the world catalogue of serials. More than one million ISSN numbers have so far been assigned. It is the most comprehensive and authoritative source for the identification of serial publications world-wide. The ISSN is a key access and a control tool that facilitates automated document management. It has a significant interest for publishers, suppliers, subscription agencies, booksellers, librarians, information scientists, union catalogand researchers. It is a necessary reference in the complex world of publications
ISSN is also:
- A useful and cost-effective communication tool between publishers and suppliers;
- A reference at the service of libraries and documentation centres, the scientific community and copyrights management organizations;
- A criteria giving access to negociated postal rates.
Login via the database list of the University Library, with your ERNA account.