One Stop Shop
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Would you like to take care of practical matters before classes start? Such as registering at the City Hall? Then you are in luck! Every year, One Stop Shops* are organised where you will be able to take care of this. This year's last One Stop Shop will be at:
- November 1 2018, time: appointments only, Mandeville Building T13 (next to the elevators).
Make your appointment via the form on the Orientation page.
(*not applicable to ISS students. You’ll be informed by ISS staff on this matter.)
For some of the things you can arrange at the One Stop Shop, you'll need personal documents. Please check which documents are required to bring along with you to the One Stop Shop.
If you have any questions about the One Stop Shop, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
You only have to make use of our application form if you're planning to register at the City Hall or open an account at the Rabobank. You are free to visit the other organisations without registration.
You are obliged to register at the City Hall if you're staying in the Netherlands for more than 4 months.
In case you're staying in the Netherlands for just a few months (max 4 months), you need a short-stay registration. Please note: you cannot arrange short stay registration at the One Stop Shop. Contact the City Hall to make an appointment with them at the town hall.
A BSN number will be issued to you, after you successfully registered at the City Hall. If you visit the One Stop Shop in order to arrange City Hall registration, you'll receive the BSN number within a few weeks.
After registration, you will receive a letter from City Hall with your BSN-number within a few weeks. This letter will be sent to your Dutch address by postal mail. After registration, you must also change your postal address in Studielink.
Still haven't heard anything after six weeks of waiting? Contact the City Hall to get yourself informed about the status of your registration.
- Yes, it is required to demonstrate a birth certificate for City Hall registration. We know that it can be a struggle to obtain the right documents from the town hall or consulate and therefore strongly recommend you to request the documents in time. That way, you are able to collect them all before leaving for the Netherlands.
If you are allowed to travel to the Netherlands without an entry sticker in your passport and your Dutch residence permit cannot be picked up yet, you can print the IND approval letter we sent you and bring it to the registration desk of the One Stop Shop.
Don’t worry. Together with Rabobank we made it possible for you to open a bank account at the One Stop Shop, even when your BSN isn’t available yet. The BSN number is required to finalise the registration of your bank account, but the Rabobank gives you the opportunity to send them your BSN number later on in the procedure.
The procedure is as follows:
At the One Stop Shop
- Register at the City Hall at the One Stop Shop. The City Hall will send you your BSN number within a few weeks;
- Request a Rabobank bank account at the One Stop Shop;
After the One stop Shop
3. Visit Rabobank at a later One Stop Shop date or at one of their offices in order to finalize the registration of your bank account as soon as you receive your BSN number, but definitely no later than six weeks after opening the account. You don’t have to make an appointment for this as finalizing the account will only take a couple of minutes.