Below is the list of undergraduate courses available in 2022-2023. More information on the content of the course can be found by searching for the course code (CMxxxx) in the EUR Course Catalogue. Please note that IBCoM's education is based on small interactive classes - therefore capacity is limited and attendance to almost all courses is mandatory. All courses are worth 5 EC.
Please note that this page is for:
- Exchange students from other faculties than ESHCC
- Students that do not study IBCoM but other programmes at EUR and want to take an IBCoM course as an elective. Please carefully check the requirements for taking IBCoM courses as an elective for your study programme.
Please note that there are some requirements:
- Only students from English-taught EUR study programmes with an enrolment for the current Academic Year can sign up for our courses. The only exceptions to this are ESHCC students from Dutch programmes and Bedrijfskunde students. Students from other Dutch-taught programmes do not have access to our courses.
- Students from outside of EUR have no access to our courses (such as external Minor students).
- You can sign up for a maximum of two courses per term.
For enquiries, please note the following:
- Use your EUR student email to contact university- we cannot process emails sent form personal external email addresses.
- Please do not ask for access to our courses if you do not meet the requirements listed at the top of this page; there are no exceptions to what's already explained on this page.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Offer 2022-2023
- CM2001 International and Global Communication
- CM2027 Cultural Identities and New Media
- CM2030 Media and Politics
- CM2033 The Business of Media
- CM2034 ICTs and Emerging Markets
- CM2040 Media Campaigns
- CM2052 Transmedia Entertainment & Marketing
- CM2075 Fundamentals and Practices of International Journalism
- CM2076 Diversity in Popular Culture and Advertising
- CM2078 Management and Leadership in Media Organisations
- CM2093 Digital Marketing
- CM9004 Communication Technologies and their Impacts
- CM9006 Communication as a Social Force
- CM1012 Media Industries and Audiences
- CM1013 Key Concepts in Social Sciences
- CM2011 Digital Content
- CM2032 Current Perspectives on Popular Culture
- CM2041 Corporate Communication
- CM2042 Communication and International Relations
- CM2043 International Journalism
- CM2046 Media Audiences and Effects
- CM2049 Global Advertising
- CM2050 Media Industries: Trends and Strategies
- CM2052B Transmedia Entertainment & Marketing
- CM2062 Consumer Behavior & Marketing Action
- CM2085 Creativity and Innovation in Contemporary Business
- CM2088 Digital Media and Health
- CM2096 Imagining the City
- CM2274 Social Media Marketing
- CM1008 Media Systems in Comparative Perspective
- CM1009 Communication as a Social Force
- CM1014 Communication and Organisations
- CM2010 Communication Management
- CM2026 Intercultural Communication at Work
- CM2054 Media and Consumer Culture
- CM2060 Cinema and Society
- CM2065 Argumentation and Rhetoric in the Public Sphere
- CM2066 Privacy, Surveillance and New Media Technologies
- CM2072 Consumer Behavior & Marketing Action
- CM2073 Media in Latin-America
- CM2074 Social Media Marketing
- CM2079 Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Media and Creative Industries
- CM2080 Television Industries in the Age of Streaming
- CM2081 Consumer Perceptions of Corporate Social Responsibility
- CM2083B Consumer Behavior and Brand Loyalty
- CM2086 Communicating (in)equality in the City
- CM2090 Technology, Media and Identity
- CM2091 Media, Games, and Creative Industry
- CM2095 Crisis Management: Leadership in Action
- CM2230 Media and Politics
- CM2234 ICTs and Emerging Markets
- CM3010 Communication Ethics
- CM1007 Communication Technologies and their Impacts
- CM1010 Intercultural Communication
- CM2025 Media, Children and Parents
- CM2029 Digital Media Analysis
- CM2039 Entertainment Media and Social Change
- CM2064 Cinemas in Context
- CM2068 Surveillance in film, TV, and media platforms
- CM2071 Science Fiction and the Media
- CM2083 Consumer Behavior and Brand Loyalty
- CM2087 Public Speaking
- CM2089 Message Framing and Persuasion
- CM2094 Sustainability Communication: Systemic Approaches
- CM2252 Transmedia Entertainment & Marketing
Registration to our courses goes through OSIRIS > Case. During the specific course registration periods (see timeline below), you will be able to fill out your course preferences and submit your form there. Remember to disable your popup blocker.
|Course period||Registration period (Dutch time)|
Term 1 & Term 2
|1 August (midnight) - 10 August (noon)|
|Term 3 & Term 4||1 December (midnight) - 10 December (noon)|
Procedure (read and follow carefully!)
As soon as the registration period opens, you will be able to fill out a form on OSIRIS by going to OSIRIS > Case > Start new case > ESHCC IBCoM Studyplan / Course Registrations. In this form you will be asked to indicate how many courses you want to take, and to list your course interests. The procedure is first come, first serve. Make sure you carefully check the schedules of your course interests to make sure they don’t overlap with each other or with other courses you’re taking.
A few days after the deadline has passed, you will receive an email with the course(s) that has been assigned to you. Please be patient; we work as fast as we can to get you your courses.
If a course has multiple groups you will be placed in a group automatically. You will receive instructions for how to switch to a different group. However, we cannot guarantee that there is room to move to another group.
Dropping or adding courses
If you changed your mind about your courses after getting them assigned, you can drop courses by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. However, you cannot change them to other courses. To add courses, you need to follow the Late Registration Procedure.
Late Registration Procedure
If you have missed the deadline for course registrations, you can still join Late Registrations, which takes place in specific periods.
This procedure is handled by the faculty's Education Office, located at Van der Goot Building, M7.
During the Late Registration Period you can call the Education Office at (+31)010 408 2482 or visit them at the desk at Van Der Goot Building M7-31. Before calling/visiting make sure you have prepared a list of courses you are interested in. As courses may already be full, make sure you have a list of back-up courses! You can only do this within the dates and timeslots indicated below! Outside of those hours Late Registrations are not possible. Email requests are not processed.
Please note that the procedure is first come, first serve, and that Late Registrations are an exception for those who miss the original deadline. Missing Late Registrations means no access to IBCoM's courses - we can't make exceptions to exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
Late Registration Period (between 9:00-11:00 AM)
22-24 August 2022
17-19 October 2022
16-18 January 2023
27-29 March 2023