Iain Todd is an experienced energy professional, whose career has spanned consultancy in the private sector (1976-1984 and 2014-2017), the UK Civil Service (1984-2004), a project manager with Aberdeen City Council (2004-2014), and a PhD student at the University of St Andrews (2017-2020).
During his time at the UK Civil Service, he was the UK's Director of Renewable Energy (2002-2004).
He was employed as a post-doc researcher at Erasmus University Rotterdam during 2020. and now serves as a visiting professor on energy issues.
Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Burg. Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam
- Darren McCauley, Kerry A. Pettigrew, Iain Todd & Christine Milchram (2023) - Leaders and laggards in the pursuit of an EU just transition - Ecological Economics, 205 - doi: 10.1016/j.ecolecon.2022.107699 - [link]
- Cas Bulder, Iain Todd, Darren McCauley & Mary Kate Burns (2022) - The influence of COVID-19 on modes of governance for climate change—Expert views from the Netherlands and the UK - Environmental Policy and Governance, 33 (4), 1-13 - doi: 10.1002/eet.2042 - [link]
- Iain Todd, Cas Bulder, Darren McCauley & Mary Kate Burns (2022) - Assessing the post-COVID prospects for the energy transition in the Netherlands and the UK, using a policy barriers approach - Local Environment : The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability, 27 (6), 712-727 - doi: 10.1080/13549839.2022.2068142 - [link]
- Iain Todd, Hannah van der Brink & Darren McCauley (2022) - Cutting ties with Russian Gas: A 10 point plan for Europe - [link]
- Darren McCauley, Kerry Pettigrew, Mia Bennett, Iain Todd & Corine Wood-Donnelly (2022) - Which states will lead a just transition for the Arctic?: A DeePeR analysis of global data on Arctic states and formal observer states - Global Environmental Change, 73, 1-17 - doi: 10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2022.102480 - [link]
- Iain Todd & Darren McCauley (2021) - Assessing policy barriers to the energy transition in South Africa - Energy Policy, 158 - doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2021.112529 - [link]
- Iain Todd & Darren McCauley (2021) - An inter-disciplinary approach to the energy transition in South Africa - Discover Sustainability, 2 - doi: 10.1007/s43621-021-00043-w
- Darren McCauley, I Todd, M-K Burns & C Bulder (2020) - Managing a just energy transition out of covid-19 crisis - [link]