Current facets (Pre-Master)
After finishing the progam, all participant have developed thought leadership to be adaptable to the changing environment of the commodity trading industry. This means they get an internal perspective as they gain knowledge of the dynamics in each step of the trading transaction. Participants strengthen their ability to identify and manage potential risks for their company using a variety of skills and analytical techniques across several lines of businesses and along the whole value chain.
More specific 11 Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) in three key areas (Analytical knowledge, Leadership skills, Attitude) were developed. These ILOs describe what a participant of the program will know and be able to do at the end of the program.
1. Acquire further theoretical and conceptual understanding on the complexity of commodity markets.
2. Deepen your knowledge on the various stages of the commodity trade transaction.
3. Learn to think across the business divisions of your firm and along the value chain.
4. Identify disruptions and uncertainties about the future of your business and synthesize these into scenarios and strategic implications.
5. Apply the knowledge learned to real-world cases and problems by working in interdisciplinary teams and bring the outside-in.
6. Develop the skills to negotiate desired outcomes in multi-actor games.
7. Dare to communicate your thoughts to your superiors, across the business lines and with stakeholders.
8. Learn how to operate in a multicultural context.
9. Increase your awareness on the ethical dilemmas concerning commodity trades.
10. Develop the mental courage to deal with ethical dilemmas, defeats and for strategizing on the future of your business.
11. Become a corporate athlete by stress-testing yourself under unusual and uncertain conditions.