- Woudestein, H-Gebouw, Kamer H16-09
Maurice Jansen, MSc. is a senior researcher and business developer at Erasmus UPT.
At Erasmus UPT Maurice focuses on two main themes:
1) conduct action research projects on how ports and port-cities can be developed sustainably, thereby striking a balance between economic and societal values;
2) develop educational products and provide training solutions that support port people around the world in better comprehending how to deal with those wicked problems that ports and their port-cities are facing.
In his previous employment he was department director of the Master Shipping and Transport programme at STC, the maritime education and training institute with headquarters in Rotterdam. Prior to that he was supply chain solutions developer at UTi Worldwide a global freight forwarding company and transport consultant at KPMG Consulting. He obtained his MSc degree in Business Administration in Strategic Management at Erasmus University Rotterdam in 1997.
Main research interests
- Port-City crossovers
- Inclusive (societal and sustainable) port development
- Coordination mechanisms in port partnerships
- Serious gaming in port, shipping and logistics
- Zero waste supply chains