The executive programme Leadership in Commodity Trade and Supply Networks is unique in the world. It is the only programme that will take you to three continents and is designed for the business and with the business. The executive programme is interdisciplinary in scope and focusses on interactive and reflexive learning in developing leadership skills and strategic thinking. Erasmus University produces the programme in partnership with the International Trading Institute of the Singapore Management University and J.P. Morgan Center for Commodities at the University of Colorado Denver Business School.
Navigate the Future
The commodity trading industry faces a range of global challenges, such as increased market volatility and geopolitical uncertainties, that affect its business and risk environment. The industry needs a new generation of business leaders that can navigate their company through times of uncertainty and transition. It requires courage, moral compass and awareness of cultural sensitivities as well as deep strategic thought on how key driving forces are shaping the world of trade. The programme is theoretically informed but interactive, hands-on and with real world cases so to provide true learning experience across 3 continents. You will look at your company, the industry and the business environment from four strategic perspectives: geopolitics, sustainability, risk & compliance and technology & Innovation. The leadership perspectives will allow you to reflect upon inter-cultural aspects, ethics and the importance of courage required to drive change. The course is presented by industry practitioners, business leaders and experts as well as faculty and academics from Erasmus University and other business schools.
On completion of the programme, you will have developed strategic thought leadership to navigate your company through times of uncertainty and transition. You will be awarded certificates from 3 leading business schools located in 3 major continental commodity hubs and built networks that last for a lifetime.
During the programme, you will:
- UNDERSTAND about how major forces are reshaping the world of trade at a global level;
- APPLY insights about how these forces impact upon commodity markets and across your value chain partners within the 3 major commodity product groups (energy, agri/soft, metals/minerals)
- REFLECT upon business practices and transfer insights to your personal leadership development and to that of your company
The programme will allow for our high potentials to enhance and deepen their understanding of all aspects of commodity trading, bring the outside in, and develop capabilities to cope with a rapidly changing business environment. Erasmus University is the right answer to fulfil our mission, helping the world thrive, by investing in thought leadership and build partnerships globally.
Who is it for?
This programme is aimed at young devoted professionals working in trading and shipping physical commodities or affiliated industries.
It is particularly suited to people with 5 or more years of work experience. People on the way to C-level. Middle managers working in the trading, procurement, supply chain, logistics, finance or risk departments. Familiarity with multinational trading operations and risks in physical commodities is required.
- 30 Mar -1 Apr 2022 in Rotterdam
- 4 -8 Apr 2022 in Rotterdam
- 9 - 13 May 2022 in Denver
- 20 - 24 Jun 2022 in Singapore
- Erasmus University Rotterdam - Certificate Leadership in Commodity Trade and Supply Networks
- Singapore Management University - Advanced Certificate in Trading Programme
- J.P. Morgan Center for Commodities at the University of Colorado Denver Business School- Advanced Certificate in Commodity Markets Program
- € 22,975 (0% VAT)
Second participant from the same company
- € 19,550 (0% VAT)
Price in Euro fixed (no exchange rates). Price includes personal assessment, course material, lunch, coffee/thee, snacks. Hotel stay and travel are not included in the fee (General Terms & Conditions 2021-2022).