The NL Scholarship is meant for Bachelor and Master students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to study in The Netherlands. The scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as Dutch research universities.
The NL Scholarship is not a full-tuition scholarship. The scholarship amounts to € 5.000 and will be paid in ten monthly installments in your first year of studies.
- You are a non-EEA national, not holding another EEA nationality.
- You have applied for a full-time English-taught Bachelor or Master programme at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC) for the academic year 2024-2025.
- You have never before studied at an educational institution, including secondary school, in The Netherlands.
- You have to pay the institutional tuition fee because you don’t meet the nationality requirement for the lower statutory tuition fee.
- You are an excellent student, as apparent from the average grade of your prior education. Your average grade is equivalent to the Dutch grade of 8,0 on a grading scale of 1 to 10. In this respect, prior education means:
- for prospective Bachelor students: secondary education abroad
- for prospective Master students: Bachelor education abroad or Pre-master education at ESHCC
How to apply
To apply for the NL Scholarship you have to submit your application for a full-time English-taught Bachelor or Master programme at ESHCC by the application deadline (1 April for Bachelor programmes or 15 April for Master programmes). During the application process, you will be asked to submit your application for the NL Scholarship. Applications submitted by email will not be considered. The application deadline for the NL Scholarship is 30 April. You will be informed about the decision of the Scholarship Committee by 1 June.
- The Dean of ESHCC will decide on the awarding of the scholarships, based on the advice of the Scholarship Committee.
- In principle, a fair distribution of scholarships over the various study programmes will take place. This principle may be deviated from and priority may be given to applicants for certain study programmes. Additionally, ESHCC may strive for a certain distribution over countries or continents.
- The NL Scholarship can only be granted if you enroll in the study programme that you have applied for. The NL Scholarship is granted for one year and can only be received once.