The Erasmus Trustfonds was founded to support research and education projects, organised by the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) specifically. The fund hereby aims to contribute to the growth and flourishing of Erasmus University. This year, ESHCC has one scholarship available for an applicant meeting the requirements listed below.
Scholarship amount and payment
The Scholarship amounts to €15.000 for housing, living costs and statutory fee. The scholarship will be granted for one academic year. If the student fails to graduate in one year, the standard fee will apply for the remaining period of study.
- You are an EEA national.
- You have submitted your application for a full-time English taught master at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC).
- You have never before studied at an educational institution in the Netherlands with the purpose of obtaining a degree.
- You are considered an excellent applicant, as apparent from your motivation and grade point average at the moment of application (demonstrated through your academic record for the bachelor studies). The rule of the thumb is that the average grade should be the equivalent to the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10.
- ESHCC will inform all applicants about the outcome of the selection before 1 June.
- The Dean of ESHCC will decide on nominations for the scholarship.
- A scholarship can only be granted if an applicant starts with the ESHCC programme (s)he applied for.
When to apply?
Applicants can apply for the Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship up to and including 30 April.
- We can only take your application for the Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship into consideration if it is complete and meets all of the below requirements
- You may only apply if you have already submitted your application for one of ESHCC’s programmes.
Start the letter by giving the following information:
- Subject: “Application for Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship”.
- Full name and student number.
- Name of the ESHCC master programme for which you applied.
Subsequently, answer the following two questions:
- Why would you need an Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship?
- Why would you deserve an Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship? Include a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits.
The resume consists of an overview of your education background, extracurricular activities and/or working experience.
Send the email and attachments to email@example.com no later than 30 April. The subject of the email should read as follows:
- Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship + last name + student number + name of the ESHCC master programme for which you applied.
- First name (as in passport).
- Last name.
- Student number.
- Name of the master programme at ESHCC for which you applied.
- GPA of your previous education. Please also mention the minimum and maximum number of points in the pertaining grade scale. (For example: GPA 8, on a scale of 1 - 10.)