Maybe you still remember your time at Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC) and how you experienced your career orientation process. How difficult it sometimes could be to figure out what you want to do, who to speak to, how to network and prepare yourself for the job market.
A little help from someone who stood in your shoes, would have been very helpful. You can be that changemaker by becoming a mentor!
ESHCC is launching a MentorMe Pilot from 13 November until 17 December. During this 1-month period, you will have the unique opportunity to be the first ESHCC Alumni to try out the new alumni student mentoring platform.
MentorMe is an online platform that connects students with alumni from Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication for a mentoring partnership. It gives students and alumni the opportunity to share knowledge, ideas and insights gained through the years. The online environment is a place where they can build a supportive, professional relationship based upon their shared experiences of attending ESHCC.
Why becoming a mentor?
As facilitator of personal and professional growth, you can help students boost their confidence, advice on their career planning and develop their skills. Mentoring will also strengthen your interpersonal and management skills and it will give you access to a new pool of fresh ideas and potential job candidates.
How does it work?
- Register as an alumni mentor by filling out the registration form below.
- Upon registration as a mentor, you will receive an invitation to create an account on the MentorMe platform.
- You can use your LinkedIn account to fill your profile, or add all information manually. You can indicate in your MentorMe account what type of advice you are willing to give (i.e. how to start a business, how to apply for a master or how to get more comfortable in a new (study) environment).
- The actual mentoring pilot will run for 1 month, starting on Monday 13 November 2023: make sure you have your profile ready by this date.
- As of 13 November, students may send you a request for a consultation call.
- During the mentoring pilot, we ask you to commit to scheduling 2-3 consultation calls with students. Update your availability on the MentorMe platform: this will help students to book consultations only on times that you are available.
Start mentoring students
Are you ready to share your knowledge and career experiences with current students, and to build your own network?
Then sign up for the mentoring programme below, and you will soon receive an invitation for the MentorMe platform!