The history of our medical school
Since January 1, 2003, the Academisch Ziekenhuis Rotterdam and Erasmus University’s Faculteit der Geneeskunde en Gezondheidswetenschappen have become Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam. The Faculteit der Geneeskunde en Gezondheidswetenschappen originated from the Stichting Klinisch Hoger Onderwijs, founded in 1950, a foundation aimed at educating medical graduates from other medical schools in the Netherlands to be trained as medical doctors.
The Stichting Klinisch Hoger Onderwijs developed into to the Medische Faculteit Rotterdam, founded in 1966, and finally became part of Erasmus University Rotterdam in 1973, together with the Faculty of Economics (formerly known as the Nederlandse Economische Hogeschool, NEH).
Please click here for the Erasmus MC historic timeline.