The Education Center is Erasmus MC's 'educational beating heart'. In addition to the lecture halls and classrooms, (self) study areas are available to all Erasmus MC students.
Self study areas
More than 400 study places are available in and around the Education Center where students can study, discuss or work together. Specific areas are designated as silent areas. There is a comfortable lounge corner. There are 40 colloquium and lecture halls around the education square. Lecture halls 1 and 2 and the Querido hall are equipped with a ring line. Students can also use computer and print facilities at the Education Center.
The Education Center is only accessible to Erasmus MC students. Students must therefore visibly wear their Erasmus MC ID. No access will be granted without this ID.
The Center is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The OWC is closed on Sundays and students can use computer room 5 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding public holidays). Here, too, (wearing) an Erasmus MC is mandatory.
Facilities study area
Students can use the following facilities at the Education Center:
- Lockers (300 available at three locations);
- Coffee machines (above and below a vending machine is available);
- The Espresso bar with coffee, snacks and sandwiches (student discount available with an Erasmus MC ID;
- Terrace (located in the back of the Education Center);
- Student bar 't Vat, run by and for students.
To guarantee a pleasant study environment for everyone, rules have been drawn up for the OWC that every student must comply with. These rules are:
- Access is only granted to students with an Erasmus MC ID;
- Taking breaks (talking, calling, eating or drinking) is only allowed in the designated places;
- If a self-study place is unoccupied for longer than 15 minutes, items that are still there will be removed;
- Students are expected to handle all facilities, including the furniture, in a decent manner.