Courses and Study Information
Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC) offers bachelor courses to incoming exchange students. Master courses are only allowed to be followed when this is agreed upon between your Home Institution and our faculty and only covers Communication & Media courses.
Important pointers to keep in mind for taking courses at our school during your exchange as an ESHCC student are as follows:
- The majority of courses (≥50%) should be in your host department (i.e. History, Arts & Culture Studies or Communication & Media)
- The full time workload is 30 ECTS per semester (15 ECTS per term).
- The academic calendar of the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication consists of four terms per year. Each semester is divided into two terms.
- Exchange students need to take a minimum of 5 ECTS per term, and 15 ECTS per semester.
- Erasmus University Rotterdam does not have an add/drop week.
- You are welcome to drop a course (if you still meet the min. course/term requirements), but you cannot trade it for another course.
For more information about the academic calendar, courses, and study information in general - please browse the pages in this section.