The Master’s program Art, Culture and Society prepares you for a vital role in all areas of the arts and culture sector, from theatre to museums to film and festivals, allowing you to take your degree not only across artistic fields, but around the globe. You don’t sell the tickets, you run the show!
Five reasons to choose Arts, Culture and Society at the EUR
- The programme employs an international approach that integrates present-day modes of production, distribution and consumption of arts and culture beyond and across national cultural boundaries.
- You are trained to envision new possibilities and establish new models for the organization of arts and culture using cutting-edge insights on policy, marketing, audiences and education.
- You are taught the skills to advise and assist cultural organizations with their knowledge of marketing and understanding of public tastes and motivations.
- According to Times Higher Education, EUR is one of the 200 most international universities of the world. This means encountering lecturers and students from all over the world.
- Studying in Rotterdam means studying in a city with many museums, music- and film festivals. Hence, the ideal city to build a professional network.
It is nice to look at trends and movements in the cultural sector from a distance.
The master was meant to deepen my knowledge, but was also a next step in my career.